- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Film Independent has awarded Jenny Deller and Kristin Fairweather its third annual Sloan Producers Grant for their feature project “Future Weather.”
Deller and Fairweather will receive a $25,000 production grant, funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation as part of its effort to support films about science and technology. The filmmakers will participate in Film Independent’s 2009 Producers Lab and receive year-round support from the organization.
“Weather,” which follows the struggles of a 13-year-old girl after her single mother abandons her, also was a finalist in the Netflix FIND Your Voice Film Competition and was selected to participate in Film Independent’s 2009 Screenwriters Lab.
Film Independent, the Los Angeles-based nonprofit that also produces the Spirit Awards and the Los Angeles Film Festival, also announced the other participants in the Oct. 15-Nov. 23 Producers Lab, which will be led by producer Naomi Depres.
The other filmmakers and their projects are Charlene Agabao, “Mosquita y Mari”; Graciela Muraida-Del Toro, “Mullet”; Lynne Littman, “The Spirit Catches You”; Tom Putnam and Jeff Malmberg, “The Unexpected”; David Newsom, “Tallulah”; Chase B. Kenney, “Jefferson Kings”; Jeff Seymann, “El Flaco”; and An Tran, “Things We’ve Made.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day