- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — CBS Corp.’s CBS Radio unit has signed a multi-year contract extension with key Los Angeles programmer Kevin Weatherly.
The company said Weatherly will remain senior vp programming, CBS Radio and vp programming for KROQ-FM and KCBS-FM in L.A. It didn’t disclose details of the agreement.
The deal ensures that “the foremost programmer in the business remains with the company for several more years,” CBS Radio said in a statement Wednesday.
Weatherly was voted one of the most powerful people in Southern California by the Los Angeles Times last year.
“Kevin is one of, if not the best radio programmer out there, and our stations are the beneficiary of his knowledge and expertise,” said Brian Ongaro, executive vp Western Region, CBS Radio. “He has earned elite status among his peers in the radio and music business through a combination of superb instinct, impeccable credibility and unmatched dedication to the industry.”
Added Jeff Federman, market manager, CBS Radio Los Angeles and vp and general manager: “Without Kevin’s influence, KROQ-FM and KCBS-FM would not be the powerhouse stations they are today.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day