- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Weezer will embark on its first North American tour in three years, beginning Sept. 23 at the Tsongas Arena in Boston, and wrapping Oct. 25 at the Gwinnett Arena in Atlanta. Tokyo Police Club and Angels & Airwaves have been tapped as openers.
Weezer’s five-week tour will visit 21 cities in North America, including New York’s Madison Square Garden (Sept. 24), Detroit’s Palace of Auburn Hills (Sept. 29), Chicago’s Allstate Arena (Oct. 2), Seattle’s Key Arena (Oct. 11), Los Angeles’ Forum (Oct. 14) and Dallas’ Nokia Theater (Oct. 21).
Ticket prices and on-sale information have not yet been released.
Before its North American tour, Weezer will play a handful of shows in Japan in mid-September.
Weezer is touring in support of its third self-titled Geffen album, which debut at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 in June. Until recently, first single “Pork and Beans” spent an 11-week run at No. 1 on Billboard’s Modern Rock chart. The set has sold 283,000 copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day