- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Weinstein Co. has sued writer-producer Kevin Williamson over rights to a film project called Shadows.
In a lawsuit filed Wednesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, TWC claims it hired Williamson to write and produce Scream 4 in 2009 but a dispute broke out over whether Williamson breached his duties. TWC settled the fracas in 2010, essentially buying Williamson out of his Scream 4 deal, according to the suit. As part of that agreement, TWC claims Williamson agreed to relinquish control over several other projects, including one called Shadows.
But Williamson is now claiming he still owns the Shadows property, according to the suit. The prolific writer-producer, who penned the original Scream, also is executive producer of The CW’s The Vampire Diaries. We’ve reached out to his rep for comment.
The studio, repped by attorney Bert Fields, is suing for a court declaration that it owns Shadows.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day