- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — After weeks of speculation over who would replace recently departed Weinstein Co. international sales president Glen Basner, the answer arrived Thursday: no one.
Instead, the company has promoted Michael Rothstein to executive vp international sales and distribution and Jonathan Kier to senior vp international sales and distribution. The pair will run the division and report to COO Lee Solomon, as Basner did before them before departing Aug. 1.
International sales has been one of the Weinstein Co.’s few consistent areas of profit since Basner built the department from scratch three years ago, recently presenting a strong Cannes market sales slate with many nonstudio titles. The exec is expected to land at another sales operation soon.
A spokesperson said there are no plans to name a new president, and that Solomon will continue to oversee the arm as he has since becoming Weinstein Co.’s first COO in February.
Former senior vp Rothstein has worked with the Weinsteins since 1997 at Miramax, and as with former vp Kier joined Weinstein Co. when it was founded three years ago. Kier arrived from the affiliate sales strategy group at MTV Networks. Both will work from the outfit’s New York office as they prep a slate for the American Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day