- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Weinstein Co. is strengthening its ties to the agency world, hiring former CAA and ICM rep Rob Scheidlinger as executive vp business affairs and production.
Scheidlinger will be based Los Angeles, reporting to co-chairman Harvey Weinstein and co-president of production Michael Cole. He will work closely with Cole and manage business affairs with Eric Roth, executive vp and co-head of business affairs.
Following a long stint in the agency world, Scheidlinger founded production outfit Omnibus, which had a Fox feature film deal and a Touchstone Television deal. His production credits include “Sports Night,” “The Court” and “Cousin Bette.”
Before that, Scheidlinger was a CAA agent for eight years. His client list included Ang Lee, Al Pacino, Annette Bening, Warren Beatty, Gary Sinise, Aaron Sorkin, Christopher Guest and Michael Bay. He came to CAA after serving as an agent and business affairs attorney at ICM in New York.
Scheidlinger began his career as an entertainment attorney at Frankfurt, Garbus, Klein & Selz in New York.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day