- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Scribes have elected eight new members to the WGA West board, the guild said Tuesday.
Topping the list of winners is “Army Wives” writer Katherine Fugate, who received 647 votes. Also elected are John Bowman (629 votes), Howard Michael Gould (619), David A. Goodman (552), Karen Harris (544), Mark Gunn (525), Aaron Mendelsohn (498) and Kathy Kiernan (463). Bowman, Goodman, Gunn, Mendelsohn and Kiernan are incumbents.
A total of 1,235 ballots were cast. Indie firm Pacific Election Services counted the votes.
“Thanks to all the candidates and voters who participated in this election, and congratulations to the returning and new members of the board,” WGAW president Patric Verrone said. “It will be the responsibility of this board to help enforce the terms of our new contract and to continue to strengthen our guild by organizing unrepresented writers and working closely with our sister unions and guilds.” (partialdiff)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day