- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Animal Planet’s “Whale Wars” made a big splash on the cable network in its first season.
The series ranks as the most-watched ever for the channel, averaging 946,000 total viewers per first-run episode. “Whale” also pulled in 529,000 viewers in the adults 25-54 demo, including 309,000 males.
Friday’s season finale averaged just more than 1 million viewers and helped Animal Planet rank ninth among ad-supported cable networks in the 9 p.m. hour among adults 25-54 and men 25-54.
Meanwhile, the Season 3 finale of Showtime’s “Brotherhood” averaged 295,000 viewers at 8 p.m. Sunday. An 11 p.m. repeat pulled in another 134,000 viewers for a total of 429,000 for the night, a 12% increase over the Season 3 premiere night.
The finale (295,000) was down 20% from the Season 2 closer a year ago (371,000), but that telecast had the benefit of “Dexter” as a lead-in. Sunday’s episode led out of the theatrical “Black Snake Moan.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day