- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Westbrook Studios, the production company co-founded by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, and Apollo World Touring on Tuesday unveiled a new initiative that will bring together A-list celebrities and the Formula 1 racing circuit.
The initiative will see celebrities do pre-filmed stunts and challenges, as well as live performances set around Formula 1 Grand Prix weekends.
The deal came about following an episode of Will Smith’s The Bucket List, a reality show that screens on Facebook Watch and which Westbrook produces, in which Smith and his son Trey competed in a one-on-one race, helped by five-time Formula 1 world champion Lewis Hamilton, at the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
For Formula 1, owned by Liberty Media, the collaboration is a bid to attract new fans to the sport, as well as deliver deeper engagement for longtime viewers.
Smith will be executive producer on the project through Westbrook, which he founded last year with Pinkett Smith, Miguel Melendez and Kosaku Yada.
Westbrook Studios will produce the project in association with Apollo World Touring, under license from Formula 1.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day