- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She’s dominated TV talk for decades. Her recommendations send shockwaves through the publishing industry, She’s even conquered Broadway. And now, Oprah Winfrey is set to go viral.
Winfrey’s Harpo Productions has announced a partnership with YouTube to launch a new Oprah channel on the ever popular video site. The new channel, which went live Friday, features a collection of supplemental video from “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” including backstage footage, highlights from guests’ appearances, and even videos that Winfrey has shot herself.
To help kick off interest in the new partnership, Winfrey has booked YouTube founders Chad Hurley and Steve Chen to appear on her show Tuesday. Winfrey will also feature several YouTube-discovered stars on the program, including Tyson the skateboarding dog and Judson Laipply, the creator the much-streamed “Evolution of Dance” clip. Also, Winfrey will guest edit YouTube on Monday and Tuesday, when she will present some of her favorite videos.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day