- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CHICAGO — She’s got a talk show, a book club and a magazine — and now Oprah Winfrey is opening her own store.
The store will be located kitty-cornered from Harpo Studios, where Winfrey’s talk show is taped, a spokeswoman for Harpo Productions Inc. said Wednesday.
Construction already is under way on the one-story, 4,500-square-foot store, the spokeswoman said.
No potential opening date or details on what the store is expected to sell were released.
But Winfrey’s Web site does have a boutique where viewers can buy merchandise such as a beach tote with “O” logo trim for $26, a $10 coffee mug with “The Oprah Winfrey Show” written on the side, or a $24 basket made in South Africa.
Harpo Studios is located about a mile west of Chicago’s downtown. It’s been credited with helping revitalize the neighborhood known as the West Loop, a former warehouse district now full of galleries, restaurants and apartments.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day