- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CORRECTED 3:42 a.m. PT March 6
Ciaran Hinds and Alexander Ludwig have joined the cast of “Race to Witch Mountain,” Disney’s reimagining of its 1975 adventure movie “Escape to Witch Mountain.”
Andy Fickman is on board to direct what is described as an action thriller, starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and AnnaSophia Robb.
Disney-based Andrew Gunn, whose “College Road Trip” opens Friday, is producing via his Gunn Films banner.
The adaptation revolves around a pair of paranormal-powered siblings (Ludwig, Robb) who, with the help of a Las Vegas cab driver (Johnson), go on the run from a diabolical group of men who wish to exploit their abilities. Hinds will play the nefarious leader of the pack.
Mark Bomback wrote the current “Witch” draft.
Gunn Films’ Ann Marie Sanderlin is executive producing. Brigham Taylor and Casey Wolfe are overseeing for Disney.
The studio is eyeing a late March start in Los Angeles.
Ludwig, repped by ICM, starred in Walden’s “The Seeker: The Dark Is Rising.”
UTA-repped Hinds is known for portraying Julius Caesar in HBO’s “Rome.” His credits include “There Will Be Blood” and the upcoming “Stop-Loss.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day