- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe are officially single.
The couple’s divorce was finalized on Oct. 5, according to court documents.
Witherspoon cited irreconcilable differences when she filed for divorce on Nov. 8, 2006. The couple was married for seven years and have two children: 8-year-old daughter Ava and 3-year-old son Deacon.
Witherspoon, 31, and Phillippe, 33, co-starred in the 1999 movie “Cruel Intentions” and married that year. Their separation was announced Oct. 30, 2006.
Witherspoon won the best-actress Academy Award in 2006 for her portrayal of June Carter Cash in “Walk the Line.” She can next be seen in “Rendition,” due out later this month.
Phillippe co-starred in “Crash,” which won the best-picture Oscar in 2006. Other recent credits include the World War II drama “Flags of Our Fathers” and “Breach,” which was released earlier this year.
Court documents confirming the divorce were first posted by the celebrity Web site CelebTV.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day