- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
As Pret-a-Reporter noted last week, WME’s Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell were quite involved with the replanning and repurposing of the spring 2016 IMG fashion showings in New York.
Since WME bought IMG in 2014, both men not only had a hand in the change of venue from Lincoln Center to two Skyline buildings (one on West 33rd, the other in the West Village), but also — despite this being Emmys week in Hollywood, with many WME clients prepping for attendance — traveled to New York to see how the big change in locale and vibe were working.
See more New York Fashion Week’s Front Row
But turns out both men are fashion fans — possibly due to having fashionable wives and possibly because with WME owning IMG, they have taken an aesthetic as well as business interest in the industry. Pret-a-Reporter has learned that Emanuel attended the shows of Nicholas K, Nicole Miller and TOME, while Whitesell went to see the runway collections of Public School, Derek Lam and Rachel Zoe.
And then they’ll be returning to L.A. to attend one of Hollywood’s biggest fashion shows — the Emmy Awards — Sunday night.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day