- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WME has tapped Zynga GM Daniel Porter to become the new head of its digital department, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
As vice president and general manager of Zynga New York, Porter created three No. 1 apps for the social gaming company, which resulted in more than 150 million downloads. Prior to joining Zynga he was CEO of OMGPOP, where he oversaw the development and release of Draw Something, currently the third most downloaded game of all time, and helped arrange the company’s sale to Zynga.
Porter’s digital brand building experience also includes helping to develop the online ticketing company TicketWeb, which was later sold to Ticketmaster. Porter also served as senior vp corporate development for Virgin Group and as president of Teach for America. He founded the entrepreneurial organization Inside Startups and is a board member of Venture for America.
At WME Porter, who will be based in New York, will oversee all of the agency’s online and mobile projects. He will help identify digital opportunities for clients with Chris Jacquemin, who will continue to do so via channel strategies and online packaging negotiations.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day