- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WME has signed PRX, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. The agency will work to expand the audio media nonprofit’s business in all areas, including film, television and books.
In 2014, PRX partnered with 99% Invisible host Roman Mars to create the Radiotopia podcast network. Several of its podcasts have received queries for adaptation, including storytelling series Mortified, San Quentin State Prison-set Ear Hustle and true-crime show Criminal.
In addition, PRX offers distribution and monetization services for other podcasts and podcast networks, including This American Life, The Moth, Night Vale Presents and Gen-Z Media. PRX also distributes podcasts from media personalities including Michael Ian Black, Joshua Malina, financial guru Jean Chatzky and chef Christopher Kimball.
WME is carving out a significant presence in the podcasting space, representing Crooked Media, Panoply Media, Two Up (Limetown), Malcolm Gladwell (Revisionist History, Broken Record) and Stephen Dubner (Freakonomics Radio). The larger company also has produced podcasts and a SiriusXM show with WME clients via IMG Original Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day