- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
WME has signed rising star Katherine Langford, who will star in Netflix’s upcoming series Thirteen Reasons Why.
The Australian actress is making her professional acting debut as the lead on the show, opposite Dylan Minnette and Kate Walsh. Langford plays Hannah, a teen who takes her own life and leaves behind a series of tapes explaining to 13 people how they played a role in her death.
The project is based on the 2007 best-selling YA book by Jay Asher. The series, created and written by Pulitzer Prize winner Brian Yorkey, is executive produced by Selena Gomez along with Mandy Teefey, Kristel Laiblin and Anonymous Content. It is expected to debut in the spring.
Langford, who was accepted into WAAPA, one of Australia’s top drama schools, before nabbing the highly coveted role of Hannah, also is repped by Silver Lining Entertainment and Independent Management in Australia.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day