- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Meetinghouse Productions has signed with WME across all genres and platforms, including international.
Based in New York City, the company specializes in comedy, lifestyle and clip shows like truTV’s World’s Dumbest and the DIY network’s Price It Out. It is also producing stand-up comic Judy Gold’s one-woman stage show The Judy Show: My Life As a Sitcom, currently playing at the Geffen Playhouse.
WME will assist Meetinghouse as it expands its digital content creation. Its upcoming comedy portal Chuckler.com will feature original webseries like Romantic Encounters With Melinda Hill and Therapy Diary as well as an archive of stand-up comedy and viral videos. The company is also preparing to enter the clip licensing business.
“Meetinghouse has done pretty well in the six years we’ve been a company without representation,” founder and president Jason Cilo said in a statement. “But the time was right for this move; we’re involved in some pretty cool co-production and partnership opportunities with like-minded companies around the world. [WME] really understood our mentality as independent producers eager to grow to the next level.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day