- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Another high-profile Oscar-season event will be going vegan this year: WME’s pre-Oscars shindig
It will mark the first time that a major talent agency has served an all-vegan menu at its Academy Awards party.
The menu is in support of its high-profile client, Joaquin Phoenix, an animal-rights activist and longtime vegan. The Joker star, who is up for an Oscar for best actor (his fourth nomination and his third in the category) has championed the move to serve plant-based meals on the 2020 awards circuit at the Golden Globes, the Critics’ Choice Awards and this weekend’s Screen Actors Guild Awards.
For its invite-only bash, WME is partnering with Los Angeles’ Nic’s on Beverly to cater the evening. The night will feature all-vegan hors d’ oeuvres, a main course and desserts, plus a spread from caterer This Messy Table.
Expected guests include WME clients and Oscar nominees Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, Bong Joon Ho (the trio are all nominated for best director), Charlize Theron, Jonathan Pryce and Florence Pugh.
The party will be held at private residence on Friday, Feb. 7.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day