- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Elijah Wood will head the international cast of Spanish director Alex de la Iglesia’s much-anticipated English- language whodunit “Oxford Murders,” Spanish production house Tornasol Films said last week (HR 12/27).
Wood joins previously announced John Hurt in the film, set to start shooting Jan. 22.
Wood will play a young student who goes to Oxford to study but becomes intrigued by a murder. This brings him under the wing of a Sherlock Holmes-style mentor, who uses logic and math symbols to try to stop a series of murders.
“I’m delighted to work with Elijah, who undoubtedly has the most powerful eyes in the industry and who is perfect for the part,” de la Iglesia said.
“Oxford,” written by Jorge Guerricaechevarria and de la Iglesia, sees the director step outside the black comedy genre that has made him a cult figure in Spain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day