- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CORRECTED 9:45 a.m. PT Nov. 13, 2007
Rapper and “Pimp My Ride” star Xzibit has joined the cast of Oliver Stone’s “Pinkville.” MGM is distributing.
Xzibit, whose real name is Alvin Nathaniel Joiner, joins Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum and Woody Harrelson in the drama about the 1968 My Lai Massacre, in which more than 500 people — mostly women, children and the elderly — were killed by U.S. soldiers. Mikko Alanne wrote the script.
Xzibit will play a soldier who is convinced he carried out his orders in a moral way.
Production is set to begin next year.
Xzibit, who just signed with Paradigm, is shooting “American Inquisition” with Alfre Woodard, Anthony Mackie, Charles Dutton and Tim Blake Nelson. His credits include “Gridiron Gang,” “Derailed” and “XXX: State of the Union.”
As a rapper, he has sold more than 3 million records, including the platinum selling “Restless,” which sold more than 2 million.
Xzibit is additionally repped by Management 360 and attorney David Weber.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day