- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
SAG staff counsel Rebecca Yee was promoted Thursday to national director of affirmative action and diversity at the guild.
Yee replaces the outgoing Angel Rivera, who had held the post since 2002 and resigned “to pursue other opportunities,” SAG spokeswoman Adria DeBaca said. She will oversee the enforcement of SAG nondiscrimination contract provisions, reporting to SAG general counsel Duncan Crabtree-Ireland.
“Rebecca’s background and experience as an attorney advocating for diversity and employment nondiscrimination, combined with her understanding of guild contracts and passion for advancing the cause of working actors, make her an ideal candidate for this important strategic role,” Crabtree-Ireland said.
Yee joined the SAG staff in 2005. Previous positions included serving as an attorney with Neighborhood Legal Services of Los Angeles County and as an associate with labor law firm Gilbert & Sackman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day