- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Apparently, somebody wanted me to have a boob reduction.”
— Jennifer Love Hewitt. The actress, on Entertainment Weekly’s unexpected minimizing and covering up of her cleavage in the ad for her new Lifetime series, The Client List.
“At the age of 6 I wanted to be a cook. At 7, I wanted to be Napoleon.- And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since.”
— Cassandra Grey. The wife of Paramount CEO and chairman Brad Grey, quoting Salvador Dali to The New York Times to describe the mission of Studio C.H.G., her appointment-only “style incubator” retail concept.
“I think I’m one of the most underpaid executives in the history of executive payment.”
— Mel Karmazin. The SiriusXM CEO, asserting that with $162 million in compensation since 2004, he has been paid too little.
“She gives me the forum to be honest, and I give her the forum to yell at me.”
— Guy Oseary. The manager, on his relationship with client and pop star Madonna.
“Nobody ever sets out to make a shitty movie.”
— Ron Meyer. The Universal Studios president and COO, attempting to clarify controversial comments he made in 2011, when he called Wolfman “one of the worst movies we ever made,” Land of the Lost “crap” and Cowboys & Aliens “not good enough.”
“I happen to like vampires more than zombies. A vampire, quite honestly, you could have a conversation with. He has a sexuality. … Zombies, what are you going to do with them?”
— Martin Scorsese. The director, on his supernatural movie preferences during a discussion of Twilight.
“We hope Mr. Olbermann understands that when it comes to the legal process, he is actually required to show up.”
– Laura Nelson. The Current TV spokeswoman, responding to fired Current host Keith Olbermann, who on April 5 sued the channel for breach of contract, sabotage and disparagement. Current later countersued.
“Apples and oranges, you know. I love all fruit.”
— Emma Stone. The actress, when asked by Ellen DeGeneres who was a better kisser: Spider-Man co-star Andrew Garfield or Crazy, Stupid, Love co-star Ryan Gosling.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day