- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ATLANTA — Rapper Young Jeezy was charged with driving under the influence and speeding after he was pulled over on an Atlanta highway early Wednesday.
The multiplatinum-selling artist, whose real name is Jay Jenkins, was driving a Corvette when he was stopped about 2:30 a.m. on Interstate 85, police department spokesman officer James Polite said.
The arresting officer noticed the vehicle did not have a license plate, but Polite could not say how fast Jenkins was driving.
Jenkins was charged with speeding, driving with no proof of insurance or license plate, having an open container, reckless driving and driving impaired by alcohol or drugs.
He was released from the Atlanta City Detention Center a few hours later on a $4,100 bond. He is scheduled to appear in court July 17.
His attorney, Scott E. Leemon, said in a news release that Jenkins was arrested after leaving a recording studio, where he was working on his new album.
“A court date has been scheduled and Jeezy looks forward to getting the matter resolved,” Leemon said.
Jenkins’ collaboration, “Love in This Club,” with R&B star Usher is currently sixth on Billboard’s Hot 100 list.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day