- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK — Comedian Zach Galifianakis has snagged lead roles in Todd Phillips’ comedy “The Hangover” for Warner Bros. and the HBO pilot “Bored to Death.”
In “Hangover,” Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms play best buddies at a wild Las Vegas bachelor party who lose the groom just hours before his wedding. Legendary Pictures is producing with Warners, and filming is set to begin this weekend.
In “Death,” Galifianakis plays Ray, a struggling comic book artist and best friend to Jonathan (Jason Schwartzman), an alcoholic writer who pretends to be a private detective. Ted Danson also stars in the project from writer Jonathan Ames and director Alan Taylor.
The CAA/Brillstein Entertainment-repped actor recently appeared as Ashton Kutcher’s sidekick in “What Happens in Vegas” and will be seen in Disney’s upcoming action-adventure film “G-Force.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day