- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Digital Studio Brat has tapped To All the Boy I’ve Loved Before actress Anna Cathcart to lead its latest teen series.
Cathcart, who broke out as younger sister Kitty in the Netflix romantic comedy, is set to star in Zoe Valentine as a high school freshman whose older sister dies from cancer, propelling her into the spotlight. The actress’ first credit was for Disney Channel’s Descendants 2. She also starred in PBS’ Odd Squad and is set to return as Dizzy Tremaine in Descendants 3.
“Working with talent of Anna’s caliber sends an important signal both to our viewers and to the industry at large,” said Brat co-founder Rob Fishman. “This is where our demographic tunes in every day to watch television.”
Joining Catchcart in Zoe Valentine are Diego Velazquez (The Thundermans) and Mace Coronel (Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn). The series goes into production in December and is expected to debut in early 2019.
Zoe Valentine is the latest web series from one-year-old Brat, which established a young fan base with dance series Chicken Girls. The Los Angeles-based studio also produces series Total Eclipse and is planning a special Holiday Spectacular. Brat’s YouTube channel has 2.5 million subscribers and its shows reach 15 million unique viewers each month.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day