- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Foodies take note.
Amazon.com has launched the first in an intended new series of walking and eating guide books for different cities, exclusive to the Kindle. The first e-book is Chef Walks: Seattle, featuring celebrity chef and author Tom Douglas’s tour of the Emerald City.
The guide is available for $3.99, exclusively through the Kindle Store.
Kindle’s “Buy Once, Read Everywhere” model means the books can be accessed on the $139 third-generation Kindle as well as on iPads, iPod touches, iPhones, Macs, PCs, BlackBerrys, Windows Phones and Android-based devices.
“We’re huge fans of Tom Douglas here in Seattle, and we think locals and tourists alike will enjoy exploring Seattle through his eyes,” said Russ Grandinetti, vp of Kindle content. “A Kindle device or the Kindle app on your phone is lighter and more portable than most printed guidebooks.”
Douglas is the author of Tom Douglas’ Seattle Kitchen, Tom’s Big Dinners and I Love Crab Cakes!
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day