- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Independent video game publisher Annapurna Interactive is setting up a new internal game development studio in Los Angeles.
The studio is currently hiring a team of developers, including game director and senior producer, to work on an untitled project.
“We’ve had the immense honor of working with some of the most talented independent game creators in the world,” Annapurna Interactive president Nathan Gary said in a statement. “Many of us came from an internal development background and are excited to make this a part of Annapurna Interactive moving forward. We can’t wait to share more about what’s to come — anything is possible.”
Among the publisher’s latest titles is the narrative puzzle game I Am Dead, from U.K.-based developer and designer Ricky Haggett and Richard Hogg; and the visual novel If Found, from Dublin-based studio Dreamfeel.
Founded in 2016 as a division of Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures, the company is headquartered in West Hollywood and has become well known for the narrative-driven and emotional games Florence and What Remains of Edith Finch, in addition to the musical adventure Sayonara Wild Hearts and action and mystery-infused BAFTA Games winner Outer Wilds.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day