- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AOL and Endemol USA announced a partnership Wednesday to co-develop and co-produce new web programming aimed at AOL’s growing women’s audience.
They’ll focus on creating unscripted digital content. Endemol, a reality TV powerhouse, produces Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Big Brother, Wipeout and Jerseylicious.
“Endemol is a premiere producer of unscripted programming and their expertise in creating unique, interactive, popular shows, combined with AOL’s growing video audience will take digital production to the next level,” said David Eun, president of AOL Media & Studios, in a statement. “Endemol is the latest in a string of partnerships that serve both the AOL consumers and our advertising partners.”
“We are thrilled to partner with such a successful and global leading company like AOL,” added David Goldberg, chairman of Endemol North America. “This deal continues our growth as a leader in interactive digital entertainment, and we look forward to creating many genre-defining series with AOL.”
Their first two built-if-sold series are Re-Dressed By America, an interactive web series in which online users vote on how to make over people going on first dates or to high school reunions. The second is Mama’s Recipe, in which families face off over their recipes.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day