- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
NEW YORK – Former ABCNews.com and MSNBC.com executive Jonathan Dube will join AOL Inc. to oversee the online firm’s news content division.
AOL said he will serve as senior vp and general manager, AOL News & Information.
Dube was most recently vp of ABCNews.com, where he was responsible for strategic planning, business strategy, editorial content and production. Before that, he was the senior digital media executive for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s news division and managing producer at MSNBC.com. He has also served twice as president of the Online News Association.
Based at AOL’s headquarters in New York, Dube will report to David Eun, president of AOL Media & Studios.
“Equal parts journalist and business strategist, Jonathan is adept at building online content partnerships and creating exceptional user experiences,” said Eun.
“At the heart of my passion for journalism is my long-time interest in how technology is transforming the media,” said Dube. “I believe AOL is better positioned than any other company today to marry innovative technology with high-quality original journalism in a way that creates the best online experience imaginable.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day