- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actor set the Guinness World Record for the person to pass one million followers the fastest, in just over 25 hours.
After he topped 2 million followers earlier this week, Sheen Twittered Monday, “Hey Guinness, might wanna start writing them in pencil. #checkit ; you’ve been warned.”
Sheen joined the social networking site after inking a deal with Ad.ly, a Los Angeles-based company that specializes in celebrity endorsements on Twitter. He stands to earn about $1 million a year in endorsement deals from the microblogging site. (He made about $1.2 million per episode of Two and a Half Men, which he was fired from Monday.)
Sheen Twittered his first endorsement deal Monday for internships.com.
“I’m looking to hire a #winning INTERN with #TigerBlood. Apply here – http://bit.ly/hykQQF #TigerBloodIntern #internship #ad”
Ad.ly CEO Arnie Gullov-Singh says Sheen doesn’t actually write the Tweets; Ad.ly does.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day