- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First Charlie Sheen broke the Guinness World Record for reaching one million Twitter followers the fastest.
Now, a new survey says the former Two and a Half Men star has topped all Internet and social media discussions since the beginning of 2011 — beating out Lady Gaga (who arrived to the Grammys in a much-analyzed egg), Barack Obama, Sarah Palin and the new iPad.
VIDEO: Charlie Sheen’s bizarre television interviews
“Charlie Sheen…is everywhere. The growing pervasiveness of social media only enhances this global echo chamber,” Paul JJ Payack, president and chief word analyst for the Global Language Monitor, told Reuters.
For the study, Payack use an algorithm that analyzed the top 20 persons or things of internet on blogs, online news sites, Twitter and You Tube between Jan. 1 and March 8.
RELATED: How Charlie Sheen reacted to getting fired
Among the 75,000 traditional print and electronic media sites, Sheen ranked the 18th most discussed topic.
Obama, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak were the top people on that list, “which shows what happens when you have an editorial process that helps discern which news is most significant for the reader,” Payack told Reuters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day