- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following MTV’s rollout of the full run of Wait ‘Til Next Year ahead of its television premiere, Viacom-owned CMT is doing a similar thing with the season premiere of dating series Sweet Home Alabama.
Beginning Nov. 7, about one week before the series returns to the small screen, the first episode of the upcoming season will make its debut on CMT’s new video app, also launching the same day.
In the coming months, CMT also will launch CMT Artists, a separate music app experience that will simplify the process of discovering and connecting with artists.
“With this launch, we’re giving fans more opportunities to access their favorite shows and characters, while at the same time providing new ways to work with our cable and ad partners,” said Martin Clayton, vp connected content for CMT. “This new app experience will immerse our audience in the CMT brand and allow us to deliver them new video content every day.”
The CMT app will feature original episodes and full seasons of a slew of the cable network’s series, both old and new, like Dog and Beth: On the Hunt, Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders: Making the Team, Cassadee Pope: Frame by Frame and Trick My Truck.
Sweet Home Alabama, CMT’s most-streamed original series, returns for the fourth season Nov. 15 at 9 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day