- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Tennant will lend his voice to Rooster Teeth’s upcoming animated series gen:LOCK.
The former Doctor Who star is joining a voice cast that already includes Michael B. Jordan, Dakota Fanning and Koichi Yamadera.
Gen:LOCK will tell the story of a team of young pilots, led by Jordan’s Julian Chase, who control the next generation of giant robots known as mecha as they fight on the losing side of a global war. Tennant will voice Dr. Rufus Weller, the lead scientist with the Experimental Science Unit.
“Tennant is sci-fi royalty and we are thrilled to have him join this amazing cast,” Rooster Teeth co-founder and CCO Burnie Burns said in a statement.
The 3D animated gen:LOCK is produced by Rooster Teeth and Jordan’s Outlier Productions.
Otter Media-owned Rooster Teeth has been producing web series since 2003, including sci-fi comedy Red vs. Blue and animated series RWBY, which will bow its sixth season this fall. When gen:LOCK premieres, it will stream exclusively on Rooster Teeth’s $5-per-month subscription streaming service, which is available at the Rooster Teeth website as well as via Xbox One, Apple TV, iOS and Android.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day