- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Herschel “Guy” Beahm IV, an internet personality known for live streaming his video game play as Dr Disrespect, has been suspended from Twitch.
His channel was removed from the platform on Friday.
A representative for the Amazon-owned live streaming platform did not give a reason for the suspension or indicate whether the action was permanent. “As is our process, we take appropriate action when we have evidence that a streamer has acted in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service,” reads Twitch’s statement. “These apply to all streamers regardless of status or prominence in the community.”
As of this writing, Beahm has not addressed the suspension on any of his social media channels. On Twitter, his pinned tweet indicates a scheduled stream on Friday and shares a link to an inaccessible Twitch account.
Beahm has built an audience of more than four million on Twitch, where his streams regularly have upwards of 20,000 concurrent viewers. In March, he signed a multiyear deal with the platform to continue streaming there.
This is not the first time that Twitch has suspended him. In 2019, he was kicked off the platform after he live streamed from a bathroom during the E3 gaming convention.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day