- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Electronic Arts studio Motive announced on Thursday during EA Play Live that the sci-fi survival horror game Dead Space will be remade from the ground up.
The game, a remake of the original 2008 title, will be developed for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and PC, with an improved story and characters along with revamped gameplay mechanics.
“The Dead Space franchise made a huge impact on the survival horror genre when it was released 12 years ago, and I came to Motive as a fan first to specifically work on this game,” said Philippe Ducharme, senior producer of Dead Space. “We have a passionate team at Motive who are approaching this remake as a love letter to the franchise. Going back to the original and having the opportunity to do so on next-gen consoles excited everyone on the team. As we look to modernize the game, we’ve reached out to dedicated fans and invited them to provide us with feedback since the early stages of production to deliver the Dead Space game they want and for new players to enjoy as well.”
Dead Space follows engineer Isaac Clarke as he fights to repair a vast spaceship where the crew has been slaughtered and infected by an alien scourge, all while his wife is missing aboard the ship.
View the teaser for the remake below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day