- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
More than 26 million Facebook users — including celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio — changed their profile photos to include a special rainbow filter in honor of LGBT pride this weekend, Facebook announced.
Facebook created the special rainbow photo filter in honor of LGBT Pride and the Supreme Court’s recent ruling legalizing same-sex marriage. In addition to DiCaprio, celebrities like Elizabeth Banks, Anne Hathaway and Arnold Schwarzenegger used the rainbow filter to celebrate the weekend.
Other notable public figures that changed their profile photos to show their support of LGBT rights include Elizabeth Warren, Andy Cohen, Arianna Huffington, EL James, Russell Simmons and Dilma Rousseff.
Facebook reports that the pictures received more than half a billion likes and comments. Last week, two of the company’s interns built the rainbow filter as part of an internal hackathon and they were so popular the team decided to go global with the filter on Friday.
When Schwarzenegger changed his profile picture, one fan asked the former governor of California what was wrong with him, saying he would now unlike Schwarzenegger’s page.
The actor’s response: “Hasta la vista.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day