- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Facebook is working on a new app just for Hollywood.
The social network is testing a VIP app with a small group of famous people, according to AllThingsD.
The app will let stars easily monitor Facebook chatter about themselves from a mobile device and respond to fans, sources told AllThingsD.
So, if an actor posts a status update that leads to a lot of comments, the new app would make it easier for the actor to respond.
Facebook is trying to encourage celebrities to share more information on its site. The app also could produce more celeb-user engagement, something that’s easier for stars to do on Twitter, by simply scanning down a column of @replies and responding to them.
“We are currently testing some mobile features designed to help public figures interact with their fans,” Facebook told The Hollywood Reporter in a statement. “We are testing these features with a small group of partners and will share more details should we roll it out more widely.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day