- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Funny or Die has promoted longtime production executive Mike Farah into the role of CEO.
The appointment, announced Thursday at an all-hands meeting, comes seven months after CEO Dick Glover left to take the top spot at Mandalay Sports Media. Mitch Galbraith has been interim CEO during the transition and will remain with the company in his original role as COO.
Farah has been with the company network since 2008 and most recently served as president of production, overseeing day-to-day operations of the company’s digital content as well as its TV and long-form programming. He currently serves as an executive producer on Funny or Die-produced Billy on the Street and @midnight.
“Mike Farah is a force of nature, who lives and breathes Funny or Die,” said Adam McKay, who co-founded the company with Will Ferrell and Chris Henchy. “Will and I are thrilled that he is finally becoming CEO of this great company he helped build.”
The executive shuffle comes after the company explored a sale last year but ultimately has remained independently operated.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day