- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – South Korean consumer electronics company Samsung Electronics has hired former AOL and Google content executive David Eun as an executive vp to oversee a new media push.
“He will play a key role in developing a global media strategy and driving new business opportunities to take advantage of Samsung’s growing number of digital televisions and displays, mobile phones, tablets and other connected devices,” Samsung said Wednesday.
Eun was most recently president of AOL Media and Studios where he oversaw the online company’s premium content efforts.
Before that, he struck global content partnerships at Google where he oversaw media strategy and strategic alliances.
“The competition for prominence in the living room has already begun, and Samsung Electronics is ideally situated to extend beyond that to connect the entire home and the lives of consumers,” said Eun. “I’m looking forward to joining the impressive leadership already in place and to building a new presence in media for Samsung Electronics.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day