- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian Grace Helbig has signed an overall deal with Lionsgate that includes the development of film and television projects, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The studio is already working with Helbig, who rose to fame on YouTube, on a romantic comedy featuring fellow YouTuber and frequent collaborator Mamrie Hart. Two other films and a few TV projects are also in the works.
Helbig’s alignment with Lionsgate comes a little more than a month after the studio released Dirty 30, a film starring Helbig, Hart and Hannah Hart. The comedy was made available in select theaters, on iTunes and for sale at Target on Sept. 23.
Helbig first began posting videos on YouTube in 2008 for the company My Damn Channel, amassing millions of subscribers on her DailyGrace channel. In 2014, she launched solo channel ItsGrace, which now has more than 3 million subscribers.
Her first film was Camp Takota, a 2014 digital release that also starred Mamrie and Hannah Hart. She also recently hosted E! talk show The Grace Helbig Show, which ran for eight episodes in 2015.
Variety first reported on Helbig’s deal with Lionsgate.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day