- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hernan Lopez is launching a podcast network following his departure from Fox International Channels.
Lopez on Wednesday said that his next venture is Wondery, an audio on-demand network that will create and curate original, scripted and unscripted programming. The reveal comes just two days after 21st Century Fox announced that he was stepping down as CEO of FIC in a reorganization. Fox will invest in the new venture.
“Wondery gives me the ability to combine many things I know and love — storytelling, network and brand building and technology — in the fastest growing segment of on-demand consumption,” said Lopez, noting that Americans spend three-and-a-half hours with audio each day and that podcast consumption has grown more than 40 percent in the last two years. “This is the perfect timing to capture this opportunity, using some of the best practices that have transformed television over the last 10 years.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day