- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
She joins the online streamer as svp and head of marketing and will oversee Hulu brand strategy and acquisition and retention channels, among other duties.
“Jenny is a really passionate person — her energy is infectious. And she is a risk taker,” wrote CEO Mike Hopkins in a company blog post. “In other words, she fits into the Hulu culture of passionate people all working towards a common vision.”
Wall was most recently head of Netflix’s global creative team and spearheaded the company’s “Watch Responsibly” brand campaign. She also launched campaigns for Netflix originals House of Cards, Orange Is the New Black, Arrested Development and Hemlock Grove.
Wall also spent time at BLT Communications, where she was chief marketing officer, and HBO, where she was part of the team that developed the “It’s not TV. It’s HBO” campaign.
Marketing was a big focus at Hulu’s NewFronts presentation in New York in late April. The company announced at the event that it would triple its marketing spend to grow awareness of its Hulu Originals.
Hopkins noted in the post that “Jenny has a big task ahead of her — Hulu is at a pivotal time in its growth, and we’re leading the way forward in the digital entertainment industry.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day