- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Facebook’s Instagram stopped working for about an hour for many users on Wednesday, with people getting such error messages as “Couldn’t refresh feed” and “We’re sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again” on the app.
The online version of the photo- and video-sharing networking service also didn’t work, showing the message “5xx Server Error.”
“#instagramdown” started trending on Twitter as well. It wasn’t immediately clear why the service had issues.
Outage tracking site Down Detector showed that users in Europe, Australia and on the West Coast of the U.S. were particularly affected given the problems seemed to start just after midnight L.A. time. But around 1:15 a.m. L.A. time, the service was back up.
The outage comes at a time of change at Instagram. Co-founders Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger recently resigned amid reported clashes with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, catching Wall Street by surprise. Facebook veteran Adam Mosseri on Monday was named the new head of Instagram. Facebook bought Instagram in 2012 for $1 billion.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day