- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBCUniversal and the studio behind The Purge, Insidious, Paranormal Activity and M. Night Shyamalan‘s recently released The Visit will launch Blumhouse.com, an online home for video content developed with advertisers.
“Jason [Blum] and his team at Blumhouse are the experts at scaring up millennial audiences, and our partnership is another addition to our collection of branded production capabilities,” Linda Yaccarino, chairman of advertising sales and client partnerships at NBCUniversal, said.
Blumhouse Productions has a larger first-look deal with NBCUniversal, which includes Universal Television and Universal Cable Productions. The Hollywood studio’s creative advertising efforts already includes Fluency Productions, a division of NBCUniversal Hispanic Group, which creates branded content for multicultural audiences.
Blumhouse is also bringing to the branded content venture Red Seat Ventures, the digital media company led by partners Chris Balfe and Joel Cheatwood, both of whom helped Glenn Beck build his digital business, The Blaze.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day