- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former IAC public relations executive Justine Sacco has found her next gig.
Sacco, who came under fire in December for a controversial tweet about AIDS and Africa, is now working for the newly relaunched mobile app Hot or Not as its head of public relations, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
She was hired by Russian entrepreneur Andrey Andreev, who purchased Hot or Not in 2012, to help market and promote the Hot or Not restart. Sacco told Buzzfeed that she spent the month of March, prior to getting hired, living in Ethiopia and volunteering as a consultant for a non-government organization.
Sacco’s controversial tweet last year spawned the “Has Justine Landed Yet” meme and garnered international attention. The communications executive issued a statement apologizing for her insensitive tweet, which in part read, “Words cannot express how sorry I am, and how necessary it is for me to apologize to the people of South Africa, who I have offended due to a needless and careless tweet,” which first appeared in South African newspaper The Star, according to ABC News.
Owned by the U.K.-based online dating company Badoo, Hot or Not allows users to rate a person’s “hotness.”
Buzzfeed first reported the news of Sacco’s hiring.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day