- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katy Perry is taking a stand on Twitter against the election of Donald Trump.
The pop star, and the most followed person on Twitter, has blacked out her Twitter profile picture and header photo as part of a Twitter protest against the outcome of the presidential election.
The #TwitterBlackOut hashtag gained momentum Wednesday morning, trending in some areas as people changed their photos to all black. Though Perry didn’t tweet using the hashtag, she still joined the movement and posted a number of anti-Trump tweets.
WE WILL NEVER BE SILENCED. #LOVETRUMPSHATE
— KATY PERRY (@katyperry) November 9, 2016
A number of other hashtags have also become popular since the election results came in late Tuesday evening, including #NotMyPresident and #ImStillWithHer, referencing the #ImWithHer hashtag that has become a popular show of support for Hillary Clinton.
Perez Hilton tweeted during Clinton’s concession speech on Wednesday morning, using the hashtag #StillWithHer.
— Perez (@ThePerezHilton) November 9, 2016
Nov. 9, 11:08 a.m. Updated to remove a reference to a fake Donald Trump account.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America