- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedian Kevin Hart is taking his online comedy network, Laugh Out Loud, to Canada.
The Jumanji actor will see his LOL service, a partnership with Lionsgate, anchor a new free, ad-supported video streaming service, Snackable TV, launched in Canada by Bell Media. Hart and Lionsgate introduced the online comedy network in August 2017 stateside, and LOL is now expanding internationally with a slate of several comedies, unscripted series and licensed programs.
Snackable TV will launch north of the border with comedy brands from HBO, including its High Maintenance shortform series; Comedy Central; Just for Laughs; and the original Canadian comedy Letterkenny. Besides LOL, Bell Media has other premium U.S. TV brands like Showtime and Starz under its content umbrella via similar exclusive content deals.
Hart first announced his plans for LOL in March 2016. The service is run by his longtime business partner Jeff Clanagan.
“Today’s launch of SnackableTV represents an opportunity in the shortform content landscape in Canada, and our exciting new content partnerships provide for a healthy beginning in this growing new area,” Bell Media president Randy Lennox said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day