- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CANNES – German broadcasting group ProSiebenSat.1 is expanding its successful VOD platform MyVideo, turning the online service into a stand-alone web-TV channel that will invest in its own original, online-only programming.
MyVideo has already dipped its toe into in-house production with the live weekly gaming show Let’s Play Together in which hosts play the latest video games live online with audience members.
Another live format, MyVideo RushHour, which will stream on Monday and Tuesday night, will focus on the latest technology, the hottest issues and the strangest videos causing buzz in the online world.
Sebastian Weil, managing director of ProSiebenSat.1 Digital said the company plans to launch web-only channels on the MyVideo platform and to work with television and web personalities to develop original online content.
MyVideo, which claims to be Germany’s largest VOD service, has expanded its offerings this year to include more exclusive programming. U.S. series such as Spartacus and Sons of Anarchy premiered on MyVideo online, generating millions of views, before moving to free TV slots in Germany.