- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – Rupert Murdoch‘s News Corp. may have had a rough ride with social network MySpace, which it is close to selling, but it is doing well in another part of its digital business – the iPad app space.
On Tuesday, News Corp. digital journalism apps were at the top of all three categories in Apple’s “top charts” of news apps for the iPad.
News Corp.’s iPad newspaper The Daily was no. 1 in the highest-grossing app ranking ahead of the company’s New York Post app. The latter in turn topped the paid app chart, and the Wall Street Journal had the top free to download app ahead of the conglomerate’s Fox News app.
The app ranking doesn’t detail the number of downloads. However, a News Corp. spokeswoman said it was the first time that the company topped all three news app categories for the iPad.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day